Hospice Care & Services
At Hospice of Queen Anne’s we understand that coping with a serious, life-limiting illness is one of life’s most stressful and painful situations. We offer one-of-a-kind comprehensive and compassionate care for individuals in the advanced stages of an illness and support for the loved ones who care for them.
From the time of diagnosis, Hospice of Queen Anne’s can help you make decisions and assist you and your loved ones as you adjust to changes and anticipate the future. We have a range of care options and support to meet your needs all along the way.
Our Care Options
- Routine Home Hospice Care: When curative treatment to extend life is no longer an option, hospice care allows the patient to remain at home with the care and support of family members and the hospice team. Provided in Queen Anne's County.
- Routine Hospice Care - Hospice Center: The six-bed Hospice Center in Centreville, MD offers a comfortable, medically-supportive alternative when remaining at home is no longer possible.
- General Inpatient Hospice Care - Hospice Center: For short-term management (less than 7 days) of uncontrolled pain and symptoms requiring 24-hour medical management. Can only be provided in the Hospice Center.
- Continuous Care : For continuous home hopsice care during periods of a short-term crisis.
- Bridges: A pre-hospice program featuring non-medical supportive services and encouragement for individuals who are living with a progressing, terminal illness and may be transitioning from curative to comfort care.
- Grief care & support: We offer a variety of grief services, support and counseling for hospice families and anyone in in the community who needs help following the death of a loved one.
Is hospice the right care option for you or a loved one?
When curative treatments are no longer effective, Hospice of Queen Anne’s can help individuals who:
- Have a progressing, serious illness
- Have decided that comfort care and symptom management will be the focus of care
- Have been told that life expectancy is limited and measured in months rather than years.
If you think Hospice of Queen Anne’s can help you or a loved one, or you are still unsure, call us at 443-262-4100. We can arrange for a free, informational visit.
Or, you may discuss hospice care with your physician first. Our staff may consult with your physician to discuss an initial plan of care.
- We sought help from Hospice early in our father’s illness and I’m glad we did. Dealing with the end of life is not easy but the professional team at Hospice of Queen Anne’s helped us understand our own feelings along the way and prepared us for what would come later.
©2012 Hospice of Queen Annes