Grief Services and Support
Losing a loved one to death can be one of the most painful experiences in life. You don’t have to struggle through this time alone. We offer a variety of grief services, support groups and individual counseling for hospice families and anyone in Queen Anne’s County, whether or not you have used hospice services for your loved one, all led by our trained Master's level qualified grief counselors.
Our Care Options
- Personalized support for hospice families through visits, phone calls and periodic mailings for 13 months following the loved one's death
- Adult grief support groups: 3 times per year
- Bereaved by suicide and bereaved parent support groups: Each annually
- Grief support and individual counseling for children and teens
- Individual and family counseling
- Camp New Dawn: A three-day overnight camp in which youth, ages 7-18 can freely express their feelings about the loss of a loved one. Children, ages 4-6 may participate in a one-day camp.
- Two annual remembrance events: Celebration of Life in May and Candlelight Remembrance Service in November
- Hospice library of books audio and video tapes and DVDs available for borrowing.
Donations from our generous and caring community allow Hospice of Queen Anne’s to offer these programs at no cost.
Spiritual Care and Support
We offer non-denominational spiritual support for patients and families. Our spiritual care coordinator provides an experienced presence in the home or care facility in addition to prayer and thoughtful discussion. Coordination with the patient’s clergy is also provided.
Vigil volunteers are specially trained to provide a calming presence as well as comfort and support during the final hours of life.
- Adult Grief Support Groups: (10 weeks) Afternoon & evening sessions available. March 18 - May 20, June 17 - Aug. 19, October 7 - December 16
The support of the grief counselor and the other group members helped
me learn to live again.
Bereaved Parent Group: (10 weeks) Evening sessions available.
April 7 - June 9, Sept. 29 - Dec. 1
Bereaved by Suicide Support Group
Sept. 3 - Oct. 22
- Contact Rhonda Knotts for more information or to preregister.
- Notice of Privacy Practices